Subscribe to Jessica's exclusive newsletter

Subscribe to Jessica's newsletter

* indicates required

Monday, March 3, 2014

New Flash Fiction Publication

When I was living in Atlanta, I took a break from my epic novel, Seven Noble Knights, to compose a very compressed, short-short piece of writing, which I call "Found on the Coast Near Astoria, Oregon." I've revised it over the last year, and now, to my delight, it's published and ready to read in the inimitable Quail Bell Magazine.

This is a deeply personal fictional interpretation of a collage of images found in everyday life, presented in a way I think is mysterious and intriguing and not based on any kind of reality. Please read it and enjoy, imagining your own stories to surround and explain what's on the page.

I'm particularly thrilled with the photo the editors included. Thanks to everyone at Quail Bell and thanks to my readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment