Subscribe to Jessica's exclusive newsletter

Subscribe to Jessica's newsletter

* indicates required

Tuesday, March 23, 2021

My First Unboxing Video for the First Hardcover Edition of Any of My Books!


 I never really imagined Seven Noble Knights would come out in hardcover. 

It used to be that every top-tier new book release would be available only in hardcover for sometimes a whole year. "I'm waiting for the paperback," could be heard in the houses of frugal readers. After the advent of ebooks, even a paperback is a luxury, and hardcovers have lost their financial relevance. 

You can never have too many copies. 

Except for those wonderful collectors who prefer the solid feel of a hardcover book in their hands. And except for libraries. As I mention in the video, I was a catalogue librarian for a sweet time in my life, so I know all too well the steps involved in acquiring a book for the stacks. A paperback will not last the same way a hardcover will, and there are many steps in the decision about what to do with a paperback. A quality hardcover like this takes all of that headache away. 


And my goodness, does it ever look good on a shelf! 

Thanks so much to Encircle Publications for making this wonderful phenomenon a reality. 

I'm going to look into the financial practicality of doing a giveaway to my loyal readers, so look out for that! 


Amazon | ABE Books | Alibris | Barnes and Noble | Better World Books | Book Depository | Encircle Publications | Indiebound  Indiebound hardcover | Your favorite indie bookstore


No comments:

Post a Comment