Subscribe to Jessica's exclusive newsletter

Subscribe to Jessica's newsletter

* indicates required

Sunday, January 29, 2012

SSS: Emotional Aftermath of the Bloody Wedding

The Seven Noble Knights of Lara is back! You may remember Chapter 5, in which male egos got out of hand and caused the death of Álvar Sánchez. (Check out almost all the excerpts in this link.) A legal compromise has apparently satisfied all concerned parties, but now it's the opening of Chapter 6, and we focus in on doña Lambra -- the bride as well as the cousin of the dead man.

* * *


Doña Lambra woke to the brightness of the tent with a bitter taste in her mouth and dried tears crusting her eyes. She rolled over and saw a figure moving about in silence.
“Justa?” she croaked.
Ruy Blásquez moved next to the bedstead, nearly thrusting his bandaged nose in her face. “It is I, my dear wife.”
           “Bring Justa.” 

* * *

Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate your comments hugely, especially as I get back into writing this novel after a hiatus. I'll visit you all in return! Check us all out at Six Sentence Sunday.

16 comments:

  1. So much turmoil and drama in this story...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Zee. So much going on! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very compelling---makes me want more

    ReplyDelete
  4. The opening makes me sympathetic with her right away. Well written!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I second Patricia's comment. Very well written, with no unnecessary words. Great six, Jessica.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Dona Lambra! She is NOT a happy camper. I assume Ruy has a bandaged nose from the fight? The question I have is: Is Ruy the hero or the villain in the plot? Can't wait to see what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a crazy wonderful story! Now what's going to happen? Such hot tempers...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel so sorry for Dona Lambra! Not a very happy beginning to a marriage as this scene depicts. Wonderful writing, Jessica.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I've missed this story! Looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No honeymoon here, a rough way to start a marriage--suspenseful six!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel sorry for her too. What a wedding and now no honeymoon. Definitely looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this story. Can't wait to read the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete