Subscribe to Jessica's exclusive newsletter

Subscribe to Jessica's newsletter

* indicates required

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Twenty Years Ago This Week...

As I was going through some old files after the move, my husband helped me realize that this week marks the twentieth anniversary since I first set foot in Spain, making real and beginning the maturation process for a love that I do not remember ever being without. My first entrée into that land I adore was on an AFS summer program in Granada, where I lived with a sweet host family who was sending their daughter to Montana in the fall. There, I first tasted tortilla de patata and arroz cubano, went to Catholic mass, admired the works of Fernando and Isabel, absorbed the quiet grandeur of the Alhambra, and fell head over heels for ruffles and polka dots.


In honor of this astounding milestone, this week my English translation of The Abencerraje is free - gratis - no charge - in Amazon Kindle format, today, June 26 through Friday, June 29. Get it here! It's all about peace, love and Granada!


Amazon Prime members, please borrow this endearing Kindle book. It's free to you and helps support all my publishing ventures in intricate ways no one will ever fully comprehend. Thank you. Seriously, I appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment