Subscribe to Jessica's exclusive newsletter

Subscribe to Jessica's newsletter

* indicates required

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday: I'm Back!

September had its fun and its horrifying disasters, and I'm finally back! Don't miss the family tree for The Seven Noble Knights of Lara and an explanation of the names here. It's time to go back to your favorite tenth-century wedding, picking up where we left off:

* * * 

Count García arrived at the site of the commotion, parting the soldiers like the Red Sea. He made a regal, sweeping gesture at Ruy Blasquez's soldiers. "Stand down."

Ruy Blásquez looked at doña Lambra, who still flickered with rage. Holding his nose with one hand and holding up the other as evidence, he said, "Look at all this blood, my lord, at my own wedding. You really should allow such a justified feud to take place."

* * * 

Thanks for stopping by! I really appreciate your comments. I can't wait to get back to reading all of your wonderful sentences, too.

14 comments:

  1. This just gets better and better ;) Glad you're back! I've missed my favorite dysfunctional wedding ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much going on at this wedding! Nothing like a blood feud to liven up a ceremony.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! "Holding his nose with one hand and holding up the other as evidence" is hilarious! Love it! This wedding could make people want to just live in sin! So glad it's back! Great snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Love it. Oh and your family tree is nice. Love the perks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! The crazy wedding is back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I gotta agree with Jenna--loved that part too! Glad to see the return of the crazy wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agreed--so much going on with this wedding! I love it! Another great six!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I feel like I need to go back and read more about this wedding....

    ReplyDelete
  9. If this is the wedding, I tremble at the thought of the wedding night!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope the honeymoon goes off better than the wedding did

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woah, what a wedding! Great six. Loving the names!

    J.C.

    Join me in the Trick or Treat Spooktacular! Could you help make the Grand Prize a brand new Kindle Touch?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I liked the six and then I read the comments--me thinks I need to go back and read all about this wedding! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha! I laughed at Lindsay's comment :)

    ReplyDelete