Subscribe to Jessica's exclusive newsletter

Subscribe to Jessica's newsletter

* indicates required

Sunday, February 26, 2012

SSS: Smoldering Coals

Take the ribbon out of the picture and wipe the smiles off their faces for a better idea of what's going on in this snippet. 

Thanks for all the compliments over the past couple of weeks. I'm so happy to be able to share these sentences with you! These take place just after last week's six from The Seven Noble Knights of Lara.

* * *


Young Gonzalo surged forward from the crowd of brothers and knelt before Lambra. “I’m especially sorry. Can you ever forgive me?” He took her hand and kissed it deferentially.
           Doña Lambra pulled away: the touch burned her like smoldering coals. She had not chosen him to be her nephew any more than she had wanted to marry. 

* * *

It was really hard to keep this to just six sentences. Lambra's head is an interesting place to be for me, and I hope for you, too. Check out all the sentences at SixSunday.com.

10 comments:

  1. Great six! I am curious to know more about what's going on in her head. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm intrigued by your six...would definitely want to read more :) Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Intriguing and touching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So...her reaction makes me think this might be the hero? Hard to tell with only six sentences a week (I lose track, LOL!!) Great tension in the scene, Jessica. I'm really enjoying the unfolding of this story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you. There's a lot of tension behind her actions. Very good glimpse into her emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dona Lambra is such an amazing character to follow. I never know what's going to happen to her next.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very intriguing. I missed last week, I think. Must catch up and looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm amazed at Dona Lambra. Such quiet strength and determined will. I too am interested in seeing just who the hero is. Can't wait for this one to be done, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great snippet, love the piccie, too!

    ReplyDelete