Subscribe to Jessica's exclusive newsletter

Subscribe to Jessica's newsletter

* indicates required

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Hug a Medievalist Day

I found out from the wonderful Joyce DiPastena that today is Hug a Medievalist Day! Second annual! This only goes to show that Facebook has failed, because apparently it started there, and I've never heard of it before.

Among medieval people, of course, I would hug Alfonso X el Sabio. I would hug him in the precise moment in the late 1260's when scholars think he was hit in the face. The injury resulted in a long and painful decline and death at age 62. Yes, Alfonso, I would take the "bullet" for you!

Medievalists (explained here) are extremely huggable. If they were here, I guess I would start with Joseph Snow and go on to my most medieval authors, Moonyeen Blakey (The Assassin's Wife, available soon!) and Kim Rendfeld (The Cross and the Dragon, available this summer).

And of course, I'm a medievalist, so I welcome hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment