Subscribe to Jessica's exclusive newsletter

Subscribe to Jessica's newsletter

* indicates required

Sunday, March 25, 2012

SSS: Quick Healers

This is the bird Suero takes with him everywhere. Imagine sitting across the breakfast table from this guy!


We're still with doña Lambra at that breakfast, following last week's post.

* * *


She slid her gaze to Gonzalo’s face and saw that he had healed much more quickly than Ruy Blásquez. Five faint reddish spots were the only reminder of the cut that had made him lose so much blood. Doña Sancha sat next to doña Lambra and looked up at her eagerly. Lambra seized the goblet back from Gonzalo and took another swig.
“Ruy Blásquez must abandon me to my fate. Don’t you leave me, too, dear sister,” she said.


* * *

I think some scheming is taking place...

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving comments! I appreciate it sooooooo much and will return the favor.

Charmaine Gordon, I always enjoy your snippets, but I just can't comment on your blog. Sorry!

10 comments:

  1. I wonder why he healed quicker. Nice six! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful snippet. Some people just seem to heal quicker than others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're six definnitely left me curious...nicely done:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Intriguing 6, from the fast healing guy to the scheming at the end...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great six! I'm intrigued and wanting more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you're right about the scheming. She's got a plan in mind I'd bet. Can't wait to see what! Great six as always, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great six. You leave me with so many questions. I can't wait till next week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Intriguing six. I must get to know these characters better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great six! A lot of curious things are happening! :)

    ReplyDelete