Subscribe to Jessica's exclusive newsletter

Subscribe to Jessica's newsletter

* indicates required

Sunday, March 18, 2012

SSS: Desire for the Enemy part 2

We're still in doña Lambra's head. These lines follow directly from last week's.

* * *

That young, sinuous arm pushing the flap open did not belong to her husband. Her eyes snapped open. They alit on Suero, sitting across from his mother, with that ever-present goshawk perched on his specially padded shoulder. He handed bits of bread up to its sharp beak. She wondered at his audacity to carry the bird with him after what it had done to her husband’s face. The count should have had it killed. 

* * *

Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate your comments more than I can say. I will definitely return the visit!

Check out all the great sentences at SixSunday.com.

12 comments:

  1. I wonder who that arm does belong to. LOL Can't wait to find out who she fantasizes about. Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved that scene...and I can't blame her for her thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this six. Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great description! I can really see what is happening. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your voice ~ another great six!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the dynamics you create between all the characters in this story! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I love how the threads of the plot are woven into so few lines. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Intriguing 6, can't wait to see who she fantasized about, and then this interplay with Suero adds another layer to the story...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting six. This is my first week visiting and I'm definitely hooked. There's so much going on in such a little snippet.

    I'll be back next week for more!

    Michelle :)
    www.michelle-pickett.com
    www.conciliumbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always show her controlled emotions so well. Thanks for another great snippet!

    ReplyDelete