Subscribe to Jessica's exclusive newsletter

Subscribe to Jessica's newsletter

* indicates required

Friday, July 15, 2011

Blogoversary Approaching

Hard to believe it: I've been blogging for nearly a year. My first post as a Famous Writer appeared August 20, 2010. I set up the site so that I would have a central location to log all the stories I published and to let readers know about my current projects so they could get as excited about them as I was. Barely knowing what I was doing, I shared a little about the way the economic turmoil has affected my family, about the trials of publishing, and about my dream of starting a publishing company coming true. Through unexpected and wonderful connections, this blog has grown into something much bigger than I could have dreamed. I've had the privilege of interviewing some wonderful authors and even participating in blog hops and the incomparable Six Sentence Sunday. Thanks to everyone for making this such a positive experience!

I think the anniversary is a great opportunity to reconsider the blog's purpose and execution, and so I'm turning to you, my readers. Please let me know what you would like this blog to become for the next year. More interviews? More reviews? More musings on geography or money? Fewer? More excerpts? More literature and history lessons? Something else entirely? I'd love to hear any of your ideas. Thank you for your important contribution. Please leave a comment here and leave an email address if you'd like to be entered into the next blog hop drawing for a gorgeous signed paperback of Sail To Italy and Sail From Italy, further explained tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Being a new blogger (just since May 11) I think the self-reflection you are doing is great. How can we make our blogs better and stand out from the crowd?! What do people want to see/read/learn?
    I love literature and history so additional posts on those topics would be great (not that your blog isn't already great--It is!)

    Saph
    saphsbookblog(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. More about what inspires you and stories to help us know you better...

    Robin d
    robindpdx (at) yahoo (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, let me say I love your blog :)
    Now, more history and lit lessons,always fun for me! As someone who loves to write, I am very interested in what other writers practice. As in the programs you use and others you've tried and let go. Your process of turning your story into a completed, finished product, and so forth.
    Also, I'm a reader! I love reviews, interviews, and info on upcoming books. Excerpts and reviews really help me in picking that new book.

    I wish you all the best, and look forward to more blog posts, and books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love history so even though I'm a new follower, I vote for more history.

    (\___/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

    alterlisa AT yahoo DOT com
    http://lisaslovesbooksofcourse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete