Subscribe to Jessica's exclusive newsletter

Subscribe to Jessica's newsletter

* indicates required

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Sweet Saturday Samples First Week!

What better way to end the month than with two -- count 'em, two! -- days of excerpts. Today is the first time around for Sweet Saturday Samples, a concept I truly appreciate. See the other non-violent, non-sexual excerpts here. As I wind down my promotions for Sail To Italy and Sail From Italy, I can think of no sweeter book ever written. :)

This silly scene is from the beginning of the first book, when Princess Noreena needs Pirate Pierre to find the fugitive Giovanni Redicci.


Pierre had come with an offer. “I know where your Giovanni Redicci is. I can get him for you, but it’s going to cost you dearly.”
“How much?” was all Noreena said, though she was taken aback. It was all she could do to keep herself from jumping up and down.
“How much are you willing to pay?” he asked.
“How much are you asking?” she insisted. Though she was willing to hock her new silverware, she was a bargainer at heart.
“Sixty five. French francs, please.”
“Oh? I suppose that means I have to go to France, then.”
“Correct.”
“And that will cost me a fortune in itself.”
“Correct.”
“Monsieur Pierre, I’m afraid you’ll have to take down your offer. I do not have adequate funds at the present.” Noreena was annoyed.
Does he think I’ve got French money growing on my courtyard trees?she thought.
Pierre was silent a moment, then said, “I’ll make another offer, but you may turn this down, too. If you sail to Ireland with me, I will detour to France where you can get fifty five, and I will then get this Redicci for you, then you give me the money and do whatever you wish with him.”
“Fifty five, hmm?”
“I won’t go any lower, so accept or find someone else who can find him. Your search parties weren’t doing so well, and only I know where he is. Weigh all this carefully, your highness.”
“Oh, but I do know where he is. You told me yourself just now. He’s in Ireland.”
“Drat!”


See this and other excerpts here. I'll keep future excerpts shorter.

In Kindle, Nook, or paperback, this saga is not expensive, long, or serious. Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. Pierre better watch himself with her, or she'll own his boat soon! What a fun way to start a book!

    Here's my sweet story: http://diannehartsocksalex.wordpress.com/sweet-saturday-samples/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got to love a smart man but a msmarter woman is better

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops sorry-that should read smarter. Fingers aren't working that well today

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice banter.
    Correct. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love a man who can say 'Drat' and pullit off! Great opening excerpt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice and funny opening. Can't wait to see if she goes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I laughed out loud at the final sentence. Great excerpt!

    Marsha Ward
    Writer in the Pines

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny! Why must he have French francs? This guy is a riot! Great excerpt.

    ReplyDelete