Subscribe to Jessica's exclusive newsletter

Subscribe to Jessica's newsletter

* indicates required

Monday, April 22, 2013

First Award for Seven Noble Knights

Time to feast!
The Seven Noble Knights of Lara was longlisted in the Summer Literary Seminars Unified Literary Contest! I count this as a real accomplishment because they had more than 1,200 entrants and the variety must have been huge. I've received a partial scholarship to attend one of the actual seminars. There's no way I can afford airfare to Lithuania or Kenya, so I'll have to pass.

They let me know my work impressed them and that it "placed beyond the mean of this year's submissions." So at least it's a nice pat on the back. My writing isn't the worst.

The ones who won must be really good. See them here.

Happy Earth Day! I'll have some belated poetry for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment