Subscribe to Jessica's exclusive newsletter

Subscribe to Jessica's newsletter

* indicates required

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Place in My Heart


I'm going to be moving to Oregon soon, and my mother tells me that if my husband and I can finally find some stability there, I won't feel the pull back to Boston, Massachusetts. The depth of the grief and rage I felt at the bombing of the Marathon on Monday indicates to me that Boston is still the Hub of my personal American universe.

I hope the people of my favorite place in this entire country will recover as best they can very soon. And everyone else will stay calm and seek solutions other than lockdowns and revenge. (There I go with that irrepressible optimism again!)

1 comment:

  1. I think people all over the country hurt for Boston and the people suffering from this tragedy.

    ReplyDelete