Subscribe to Jessica's exclusive newsletter

Subscribe to Jessica's newsletter

* indicates required

Monday, August 1, 2011

Alternate Covers for Threads Woven

I've just released a short story collection with this cover. The cover wasn't easy to arrive at, but as I mentioned, it was my husband's favorite of the designs I could get rights to. I thought the picture of the women doing something entirely inexplicable communicated both the power of the women in my stories and the sometimes strange things that happen in them.

But after looking at bizarre pictures of women for several hours, I was also enamored of this one. What do you think? Too far?

Then there's this, using "Vanity" by Auguste Toulmouche. I like the idea of women appreciating themselves, but again, it might go too far.

I fell in love with this picture for its beauty as well as its appropriate content. In "Threads Woven," Leila uses an old quilt both to warm herself and to reach out to Miriam. The black-haired beauty looks a lot like the way I pictured Leila! So lovely. So off limits because I can't seem to contact the artist. Sigh. I can keep trying if you like this one best.

Which one's your favorite? I'll change the cover according to which one gets the most votes! If you leave your email address, I'll enter you in a drawing for a free copy of the book with the cover of your choice! Wooohooo! Drawing takes place on Monday.

Don't forget to get your free sample and inexpensive entire book through this ad. :)

6 comments:

  1. I vote for 'Vanity" love it
    dawnhagan18@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Vanity cover, but I fear the last, unavailable cover seems to work best. So that's a vote for #4. Good luck, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely number four. It fits the best. I hope you can get a hold of the artist!

    Sharon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the quilt cover. It's warm, welcoming, and yet pensive too. I hope you can contact the artist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the quilt cover, but Vanity clinched it for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, the 'Vanity' style cover

    ReplyDelete