Subscribe to Jessica's exclusive newsletter

Subscribe to Jessica's newsletter

* indicates required

Monday, August 13, 2012

Thank You



While I was unable to start a global kindness movement in honor of my birthday and for the sake of the rhinos, I have been really touched by the responses I've gotten to my heartfelt pleas.

Dave Evardson, author of The Fenwold Riddle, donated to the rhino cause I directed everyone to right away, making feel the effort had already been worthwhile. Megan Eichenlaub, my colleague from Tucson and the namer of Loose Leaves Publishing (not to mention all the other talents she possesses); Sam Covell, a beautiful spirit with whom I could have had a fruitful in-person friendship if I hadn't met her so close to my departure from Tucson; B. N. Peacock, author of A Tainted Dawn, professing her love for animals; and Kim Rendfeld, author of The Cross and the Dragon and from what I've seen, a very generous person, also donated.

All of you truly moved me with your generosity. Thank you so much.

No one reported any random acts of kindness to me, but if you care to let me know, I'd love to write about something like that here! I performed a non-random act by donating many items in excellent condition to our local Goodwill, but Im sure may of you can come up with something more creative than that.

On another note, I'm on the verge of making my lifelong dream of finishing my first novel come true. It's now that I need to gear up and seriously get my name and whatever else I have to offer out there so that by the time it's published, all the right readers will be champing at the bit to purchase, read, and write reviews for The Seven Noble Knights of Lara. How to do that when marketing grates against my sensibilities as a shy person?

Lately I've been reading that some experts think the conversation of social media has been taken over by too many people using traditional advertising techniques. I agree that it's getting too loud out here, someone turn the volume down! People joke about "shameless plugs" but for me they have always been full of shame, so I've resolved not to fall into that pattern (when I can identify it).

I'll still post content I like or love, simply because I like it. In fact, next week I have a guest post by author Kim Rendfeld that I find fascinating and am genuinely excited to present. I hope you'll like it, too.

If you have any ideas for what I should do about marketing (effectively and with no money) at this important juncture, I'd love to hear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment