Subscribe to Jessica's exclusive newsletter

Subscribe to Jessica's newsletter

* indicates required

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

What's Next -- You Tell Me!

As you may have been able to piece together through the hints in the posts on this blog, my husband and I can no longer support ourselves in Pennsylvania. Very soon, we're starting a journey across most of the United States with a few things in the car, to live with my husband's sister. It's the only solution we can think of to the intractable problem that my husband is highly employable and loves his work, but is only getting paid $1000 per month.




My husband says I should write a book about us. We went from $100,000 a year to $12,000. It's a pretty startling figure, but I'm thinking it's not that unusual these days. We were able to avoid foreclosure and we have someplace to go, even if it is more than 2,000 miles away. Overall, we're much happier than we were three years ago, when we had no money troubles, but didn't know each other yet.

So, I won't be able to post for a while as we pack up and I pay less attention to writing and the writing world. I hope to be able to post from the road, especially if we encounter anything interesting.

COMING SOON
* I have some important birthdays to commemorate later in November, starting a week from today, so be sure to check them out!
* The day after Thanksgiving, I'm posting a great interview I had with author Barbara Briggs Ward, and that is sure to get you into the Christmas spirit!
* From the new digs, I hope to offer you more free excerpts of my writing! Tempting and thrilling!
* I'm also considering posting on how to be happy, seeing as my husband and I have found the secret. Please let me know if you would be interested in that kind of reading. I would love to know!

Lastly, I know my books are unusual and undefinable, but if you're feeling charitable and just want to help, please consider buying them or telling your reading friends about them. (The links are in the Good Reading link on the upper left of the page.) Research shows: it makes you feel lastingly good to help others! Even if I were sleeping under the stars and living on bread and water, what I would most want is to be read. The writer's disorder.

2 comments:

  1. Stumbled here (from Cave Scribbles), and read this. I'm amazed at your courage and humour given what's happening for you and your husband. I hope you get to open that ice cream shop one day (after becoming a famous and wealthy author, that is).

    ReplyDelete