Subscribe to Jessica's exclusive newsletter

Subscribe to Jessica's newsletter

* indicates required

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Hard Work Ain't Pretty Until It's Done

In case you're wondering whether I'm still around, yes. I've been holed up, writing, writing, writing, to meet my goal of finishing The Seven Noble Knights of Lara before the end of the year. I'm close!

Luckily, I'm online enough to catch gems of articles like this one, which illustrates that although no author's routine is the same as another's, they all involve discipline. That's right, most people don't just wake up one day with a finished first draft. Read about the routines of Ray Bradbury, Joan Didion, Jack Kerouac, E. B. White, and so many others here, courtesy of Brain Pickings.

"A writer who waits for ideal conditions under which to work will die without putting a word on paper." E. B. White.

No comments:

Post a Comment