Subscribe to Jessica's exclusive newsletter

Subscribe to Jessica's newsletter

* indicates required

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

More Rhino News


It's my birthday on Friday, and my husband and I have saved up to eat at a Spanish restaurant in the area.

I really don't feel I ask for a lot, but here's an example of what I would have wished would NOT happen, if I'd been able to imagine it at all. Why do these things have to be so complicated? Either save the animals or don't. Saying you're helping conservation by allowing slaughter and gaping loopholes in idiotic, illegal horn trade is hypocritical, at least.

Why would hunters want to shoot at fish in a barrel, anyway? That seems to be the way this works. As I've mentioned, I like a gentle approach, but sometimes you just have to call stupidity stupid.

In happier rhino news, I've entered the rhino calendar photography contest at the International Rhino Keeper Foundation. I'll let you know when you can vote for my photo at the North Carolina Zoo!

And keep enjoying the happy rhinos in my post from Monday! It's your personal birthday present to me. Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment