Subscribe to Jessica's exclusive newsletter

Subscribe to Jessica's newsletter

* indicates required

Saturday, August 20, 2011

SULTRY SUMMER NIGHTS: IGNITE YOUR PASSIONS BLOG HOP (AUGUST 22-29)

I can't say I have ever truly enjoyed summer weather, especially when it can be described as "sultry." This year is the worst summer weather I've ever lived through. I mean, it's scary to step outside, folks! Killer heat, wildfires, bacteria-filled dust storms, random lightning strikes!

I'm pretty passionate about good air conditioning.

I'm also passionate about reading, writing, running my publishing company Açedrex (acedrex.com) and providing a blog that satisfies my readers.

Today is my blogoversary! One year ago I timidly began this adventure.

To celebrate, 1. I'm changing the entire look of the blog. Keep your eye out for the changes some time today. They may evolve according to reader input.

2. The suggestions from the reader survey last month will be implemented in the coming weeks: more information to follow.

3. I'm also participating in this huge hop! Look around at my excerpt pages, see if there are posts you like, and then, if you'd like to win prizes --

Comment on the new look. Do you like it? Do you have suggestions for a different look?

You can receive an additional entries into the sweepstakes by following this blog, liking my Facebook author page, liking Açedrex Publishing on Facebook, and/or becoming a fan on Goodreads. I'll try to keep track of what you do, but the easiest thing would be for you to tell me in the comments whether you completed any of the extra entries.

PRIZES: Choose anything from Açedrex's list in English. The English list includes all my purchasable work (Tree/House, Sail To Italy and Sail From Italy, Threads Woven, Dusk Before Dawn), translations of two Spanish classics, and the novelized memoirs of Marie Danielle Frankson. More options will be explained to the winners directly.
PREMIOS: Escoger lo que quieras de los títulos en español de Açedrex Publishing. La lista de títulos en español presenta una rica variedad de libros digitales de la más alta calidad de autores clásicos -- ¡las novelas que siempre has querido leer!

There will be three winners. First prize will choose three books, second prize will choose two books, and third prize will choose one book.
Habrá tres ganadores. El gran premio es el derecho de escoger tres libros gratis, otro ganador escogerá dos, y otro ganará un libro gratis, a escoger.

Please visit the other blogs in the hop, starting here! Many more wonderful excerpts and prizes!

Rules for the hop as a whole:

1) HAVE FUN!!!


2) INVITE ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS!!! SPREAD THE WORD!!!


3) THIS TOUR STARTS: Monday, August 22, Midnight (Arizona Time)

THIS TOUR ENDS: Monday, August 29, at Midnight (Arizona Time)

Winners will be drawn and posted August 30th! ***


4) MEET AND MINGLE WITH ALL THE AUTHORS! EXPERIENCE A NEW PARTY DESTINATION AT EVERY STOP! PARTICIPATE IN EVERY BLOG CONTEST AND BE ENTERED FOR CHANCES TO WIN MULTIPLE PRIZES! EVERY BLOG VISITED IS ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY TO WIN!!


5) PARTICIPATION AT ALL BLOGS IS RECOMMENDED, BUT NOT REQUIRED. REMEMBER, THE MORE BLOGS YOU HOP, THE BETTER YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING PRIZES. EVERY AUTHOR IS WAITING TO MEET AND INTERACT WITH YOU, SO PLEASE BE SURE TO SHOW EVERY AUTHOR SOME LOVE!


6) DID I MENTION TO HAVE FUN? WHOO! HOO!! HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOOO!


***Authors have full discretion to choose an alternate winner in the event any winner fails to claim their prize(s) within 72 hours of their name being posted or after notification of win, whichever comes first. Anyone who participates in this blog hop tour is subject to these rules***


12 comments:

  1. I like the new look! Very user friendly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't see the old look but; this one is very nice. I like the colors. Following your blog. Liked you on FB and Goodreads. Finding so many new authors. This is fun.
    Sue B
    katsrus@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new look. I love the pictures, colors, and the easiness of your blog.

    GFC follower
    Facebook- liked you and Acedrex Publishing-judy C.
    Goodreads fan-judy C.

    Judy
    magnolias_1[at]msn[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like you blog. I didnt see what the old one looked like but this one is nice. The colors are nice and easy on the eyes. Thanks for the awesome giveaway!
    shadowluvs2read(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liked both FB pages, followed on Goodreads. Sorry didn't see the before of your webpage, but like what I see now!

    iarvd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i didnt see the before look but I love the after :)
    meandi09@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. just hopping through love it i follow u on fbook and gfc
    jenny
    madsheepno1@yahoo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not much of a blog follower, so I don't know too much about the "look" but I prefer a more modern look, like you and publisher on FB, following on goodread, following blog
    sugerlady@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't see the old look but this one looks amazing. I liked both on facebook and became a friend on goodreads.
    Thank you for the amazing giveaway :)
    Gracias por el concurso es genial :) Me encanta que pongas cosas en español.
    PS: For those who don't understand spanish I've said thanks for the giveaway :) I love that you've put things in spanish.
    PSS: Yes I'm half spanish

    ReplyDelete
  10. De nada, Nathiel -- ¡gracias por leer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome blog im now following it and liked you on facebook

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the new look is fabulous! I followed as Nikki, liked both the publishing company and your author page as Sherri McCarver and sent you a friend request on goodreads as Sherri McCarver!
    viajeradelmar@aol.com

    ReplyDelete