Subscribe to Jessica's exclusive newsletter

Subscribe to Jessica's newsletter

* indicates required

Sunday, January 22, 2012

SSS: Did You Find Me?

The server was down when I first tried to sign up for Six Sentence Sunday this week, and by the time I could get there, I ended up much father down the list than I usually am. So if you found me, congrats! Visit  all the great writers you can. We all appreciate it more than even words can say!

I'm pretty sure I'm going to excise the kidnapping element from this story, so please enjoy it while it's still there. Continuing from last week:

* * *


“Only pretty girls without degrees have been disappearing.”
         So now he thought he was a profiler. It was like something from a formulaic TV show. But he was right in that, although my sister had applied to all the good drama schools in the country, nothing had worked out for her in the end. She was living with our parents because the money a person can earn from acting in commercials and student films is small and unstable. I chalked up the cops’ surrender to the fact that none of them were twins and accessed my twinly intuition – or just some solid logic – and I thought she must have gone to New York to increase her chances. 

* * *

Thanks for reading! I return the favor! In the coming weeks, I'll present more medieval madness...

And please don't forget! This is the last day to throw your name into the hat for the Transcendent giveaway!

7 comments:

  1. I like the twinly intuition. Very catching :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a mother of twins, I can safely say that there is something to the intuition idea. Have fun with your excision. You've got a good six here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting! I'd love to read more of this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love intrigue! Your six hooked me. :c)

    Sarah Ballance

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think she's playing a dangerous game here. He might just make an exception and kidnap her if she gets nosey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice six. Twinly intuition indeed.

    ReplyDelete