Subscribe to Jessica's exclusive newsletter

Subscribe to Jessica's newsletter

* indicates required

Sunday, January 15, 2012

SSS: Six More from New Story

Halfway through January already! Thanks for the encouragement about this new story. Here are the next six sentences.

* * *


One earnest officer took me into confidence and whispered, “Pretty girls have been disappearing lately and we haven’t found any of them.”
“Am I at risk?” I had asked, figuring that if my identical twin had disappeared, I too would be the kidnapper’s type.
“No,” he said, too quickly. “You graduated from Harvard.”
Like most twentysomethings in Boston, I had more university degrees than life experience. “So?”


* * *

The missing twin's name, Dulcy, is short for Dulcinea, so I guess I don't have the monopoly on it, although I wish I did. These sentences look as though they're leading to a police drama, but the story is really going to be about what happens after they get Dulcy home. Thanks so much for visiting and leaving comments, remembering that this is unedited so far. I'll be sure to return the favor!

And if you like YA paranormal, definitely check out my last post!

11 comments:

  1. Oh, I want to know why that makes a difference. Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very intriguing set up there. Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see where having one twin kidnapped could produce a myriad of interesting plot elements, especially in the aftermath. I look forward to reading more about this story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Harvard gives her immunity from the kidnapper? Strange. Wonder why? Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, lotsa questions raised in these six. (And love the life experience sentence!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "you graduated from Harvard." Great line.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm. What does graduating from Harvard have to do with it? Now I want to know! Intriguing 6!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is interesting. The kidnapper apparently has done his homework on the victims he takes. Wonder what's going on... Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting,I can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i would be scared out of my wits. sounds like a really enthralling story, jessica

    ReplyDelete