Subscribe to Jessica's exclusive newsletter

Subscribe to Jessica's newsletter

* indicates required

Sunday, January 8, 2012

SSS: New Year, New Story

After the enforced holiday for Christmas, I sort of skipped New Year's, too. Glad to be back! Here are the first six lines from a brand new, mysterious story. It's so new, it's still raw, so please be kind!

* * *


After months of searching, I followed my instinct to Manhattan. I didn’t find my twin sister Dulcy so much by her presence as by the void she created in the commotion surrounding her. On my second morning there, she was standing in the middle of the sidewalk on Fifth Avenue, surrounded by a wave of powerwalking natives and gawk-walking tourists and endless shouts to “Get out of the *ing way!” or to “Shove over!”
The cops in Boston had been singularly unhelpful and told me they were going to close the case. “It’s policy, ma’am. If we have no leads on a case for a certain amount of time, we have to move on,” said the stern leader. 


* * *
I apprecite all your comments sooooooo much! I will definitely visit you back! Happy 2012!

11 comments:

  1. Great imagerey, enjoyed this very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You pulled me into the moment. Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to find out more about these sisters. Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I'm intrigued. (And love the name, Dulcy; never heard that before.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, did she talk to her or did her sister disappear into the crowd? Love the description of this scene! Very nicely done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This character has a great voice. Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great voice! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like she's very frustrated. Hope she finds her sister!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year!
    I totally agree with Vivien, amazing voice in this six, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds a very interesting story. Hope you post more! (oh, and I love the name Dulcy :D)

    ReplyDelete