Subscribe to Jessica's exclusive newsletter

Subscribe to Jessica's newsletter

* indicates required

Friday, March 25, 2011

Author Pages

Today is the day the Secret Society of Literary Divas of St. Helens, Oregon will meet about Tree/House! Enjoy, ladies! I would join you if I could!

I recently created an author fan page for myself at Facebook (which you can like simply by clicking on the Facebook box on the left of your screen!) which I don't consider a success because only one person other than me is a fan. I'm not sure how to get more fans other than giving away prizes, which I can't afford, but that's okay. I'm happy to remain a regular networking writer with friends instead of fans on Facebook.

But, now I've created an author page on Amazon.com, and I have to say, it's really cool. It has nice pictures of little me, a couple of videos (I hope to post more soon), a never-before-seen, friendly autobiography, a blog feed, and all my books available at Amazon on one page. That's right, it will list Sail To Italy right there when its released! There's even space for listing events, if I ever get to do a reading or signing or anything else. I hope the page is welcoming and encourages readers to contact me if that's what they want. Goodness knows, I exist as an author to give the readers what they want. So tell me what you want, and I'll do my best for you. Enjoy the author page, which I'll update whenever appropriate.

2 comments:

  1. The amazon page looks great! I can't wait until I am ready to set one of those up!
    As far as getting more people to like your author page on FB: I posted several links to my regular facebook, and I made mention of it on Twitter. I put a link to it in my blog. (just like you did with yours) and one other idea I got from Novel Publicity...I created an Event on my FB page and my FB profile! I got a bunch of people to Like me from doing that!
    Good luck with your books!
    Sharon :)

    ReplyDelete