Subscribe to Jessica's exclusive newsletter

Subscribe to Jessica's newsletter

* indicates required

Sunday, March 6, 2011

My First Six Sentence Sunday

Here's a six-sentence excerpt from "Not Extinct Yet," the happy rhinoceros story I'm hoping (with all my might) will soon find a publisher. Enjoy!

                      * * *

Suzanne stood still. Her throat like sandpaper, she whispered, “Hello?”
The rhino snorted and tossed her head as if she were shooing flies. The moonlight made her eyes sparkle. 
“Um, the parrots have talked,” she continued. “We humans have found out that most mammals have the power of speech….”
              * * *

17 comments:

  1. Um, what does one say to a rhino?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting six! I wouldn't know what to say to a rhino, either.

    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. The power of speech - great twist. Hoping to hear next week what the rhino answered, lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Good luck on selling it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow a rhinoceros story! That's pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Intriguing... So will the hippo speak?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm intrigued. Hope you'll share more next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm dying to know if he answers...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to hear Ms. Rhino's words! And welcome to SSS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Talking to the rhinos? How intriguing and different!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, good luck on getting a stubborn rhinoceros to speak. I'd be scared.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL, I'm just thinking that a rhino isn't the creature you want to make a mistake with!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I sorta knew that - just a different language they speak

    ReplyDelete
  14. Please, ask why they allow flies on their eyelids. I've always wondered.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Of course the parrots talked! What a great opening.

    ReplyDelete